Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Week1A: My Blog Theme

 Week1A: My Blog Theme

   Hello and welcome everyone. Today I created my first blog for this class CSIT 155. The theme for this assignment was funnily enough the theme of the blog I started. I chose the basic blog default for the actual nuts and bolts of the creation but did choose to have the background to be a little waddle-dee from the Kirby games as the background for this page, as I feel his cute demeanor and the old pixel art aesthetic works well to invite others to check out the rest of the content I intend to produce. 
    The little Waddle-dee's retro aesthetic is a reminder of playing the Kirby games back when I was a kid, I spent hours and hours on long road trips with my parents just zooming through those games in the backseat, while we listened to my dad's old hip-hop albums and my mom's banda music. It takes me back to a simpler time, but also the way he lifts up the little spear I find adorable.
    The rest of the blog's layout is the default font and color choice settings besides the dark theme, which has taken on quite a following over the years. It is a lot easier on the eyes especially late at night, and the way that some websites have it where the colors seem to pop out more in the dark is nice. I used to hate the brightness coming from social media like Instagram and Reddit and how often I would get flash banged in the middle of the night for attempting to open my chat to see a message from my siblings or friends. So, it's nice I'm given the option here to not do that to someone else.
    

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I have a feeling we may be in the same age group because this takes me back. What a creative idea. Looking forward to seeing what you write about throughout the class! And sorry, my comments aren't working properly, this is Megan (https://csit155-fa22-meganm.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carlos! I like your blog theme - more importantly I'm glad that you named the characters (I had no ideas except there were obviously a vintage video game) and connected it with your past. We share the same thoughts when it comes to a dark background. I'm not sure if its my age slowly starting to catch up with me, or maybe growing up with a lot of screens but I can only take so much bright light. I've also read that those lights can trick your brain into thinking its daytime and mess up your sleep cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the background; it really does add to the blog and makes it look really cool. I also think it does a good job of intriguing people. I haven't really seen any other blog like that, so it is really unique. I also like the choice of dark color; it really does help some colors pop out. The dark theme also helps the background pop out even more.

    ReplyDelete

Week 17: Wrapping it up.

Overall in the last few months in this class, I have learned significantly more about social media, its impact on business, and the ways I c...