Thursday, November 10, 2022

Week 12 Part A: Using Business Specific Online Tools

For my business, considering I want to do live-streaming I am choosing to focus on Youtube and Twitch's built-in features for creators. As well as Tiktok for self-promotion and maintaining a community. One of the more interesting avenues I looked into however was the podcasting world and learning how to start up an audio library on Spotify. Many of the websites that were given to grow and maintain a business were insightful, but overall I felt the best one for my unique position was still Discord. As it is already a platform I am familiar with and one that it seems many of these other websites either take inspiration from or were influences for the platform, apps like Slack and Nifty for example.

5 comments:

  1. What goes in to an audio library on Spotify? Because I'm trying to start a podcast on Spotify and am really curious about this realm. Also I've heard of Discord before but don't know much about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, nice! I didn't know you could start an audio library on Spotify. I will check that out for sure. I think its smart that you know your audience and what will work for you/what won't. (North County Fam)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still think it's a great idea for you to focus a lot of content on TikTok. Like I said before, I always see livestream clips on my FYP and I think it would be a great idea for you to post clips of your streams on TikTok. Makes it so easy to gain more of a following.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Spotify is a great tool to let your audience get to know you better. You can also promote yourself on a podcast. Twitch is a great tool if you are a video game streamer. I have a buddy from the military who started streaming on twitch and he has a good amount of followers. He tapped into the military community and has really been successful. He also livestreams pretty often which is why I think he has been successful. I 'm not a gamer but I sometimes catch myself watching live streams of people playing call of duty and other games. I agree TikTok is a great tool for self promotion, I am still on the fence whether I should create an account.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your idea of using TikTok for self-promotion. From what I have seen, it is way easier to be discovered on TikTok than on Twitch, so I can definitely see you posting on TikTok and getting people from TikTok to watch your live streams. I never noticed that many other platforms took inspiration from discord, but I can definitely see it as an advantage because you will be able to skip having to learn an entirely new platform.

    ReplyDelete

Week 17: Wrapping it up.

Overall in the last few months in this class, I have learned significantly more about social media, its impact on business, and the ways I c...