Friday, December 16, 2022

Week 17: Wrapping it up.

Overall in the last few months in this class, I have learned significantly more about social media, its impact on business, and the ways I can use these platforms and tools for my personal growth online and create a living business model through the internet. My viewpoint has changed slightly, before the class I saw the use of social media as a bit vapid and surface level, understanding small amounts of what work needed to be put in to get clicks, views, and any form of revenue or relevance online. Now I have respect towards anyone who puts in the work and time to grow an audience and platform online for themselves or their business. I've seen successful campaigns done by businesses in the past and witnessed not so successful ones as well and learned alot from both. Finally, I believe I now know which services and tools will help me grow and become successful online.


For starters, my viewpoint on social media has changed over the course of this class. At the beginning of the semester, I believed that it would be somewhat easy. Knowing prominent members of the online community and others that blew up through the use of social media. I thought to myself, "Well, if Jake Paul could do it?" Without really taking into account the amount of work and business knowledge. The ability to track and predict trends and manage time for content creation. I see now, how wrong I was at the beginning.

Over just the past four months I have been able to witness and learn from multiple different online campaigns and businesses throughout the years and even to today. Two recent examples from both sides of the spectrum are Wendy's consistent use and incorporation of meme culture into their ads and Twitter's failed integration of "Fleets" a copy of the Snapchat stories that every other app has incorporated as well. Both examples give a clear lesson on the use of keeping up with trends and understanding when it is appropriate to incorporate them into your business. With Wendy's they consistently use new memes and jokes on their Twitter, Instagram and other platforms. Engaging with the public in funny and interesting ways. As well. Due to how fast meme and online culture moves nowadays, if one idea doesn't work. Just as quickly as that one failed, another goes right up to take it's place. Twitter however, attempted to incorporate an idea that was already copy and pasted onto every other big named app earlier and with greater results. The snapchat stories can now be found on both Instagram and Facebook. As well as, Tiktok to even greater success than Snapchat itself. But Twitter's integration failed due to the platform not really being suited for that sort of idea and the concept more baffling to their users than intriguing them. Leading to the rollback of the project. Both are big ideas and lessons on how to incorporate the internet into your business and how to go about rolling out ideas correctly, that I found indispensable in my business.

As of today, I plan on working with Youtube and Twitch as the main avenues for growth. Focusing on Streaming and uploading edited videos, following the lead of previous creators I personally have followed and admired. As well as posting consistently on Instagram and working on cutting up clips from videos or streams for content on Tiktok. After this class, I managed to create a consistent schedule for myself that I plan on following through on for the rest of the year.

This class has taught me so much about building a brand and participating in on the online marketplace. Now, I feel as if I have a grasp of what to do and where I am headed with my plans online.I thank you all for reading any of these posts and wish you all luck in your own endeavors.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 17: Wrapping it up.

Overall in the last few months in this class, I have learned significantly more about social media, its impact on business, and the ways I c...