Monday, August 29, 2022

Week1 B: Social Media Use Today


Week1 B: Social Media Use Today

   My thoughts on Social Media are that it is beneficial when building an online brand identity, attempting to start a small business, or growing a platform for yourself and a community of others with likeminded ideas. However, I see it as a double-edged sword, because it can become very important to an individual. It can become increasingly addicting as well, with the same shot of dopamine that hits a gambler who just won the jackpot being the same shot that fuels an online creator when their video or post gets its millionth like. 

    Overall, it can be a net good. With some platforms that are meant for more personal use like Twitter or Reddit, as those have more of an anonymous feel to them, with millions of people posting thoughts and ideas on them everyday. The more stream of consciousness approach, helps these platforms feel more like a place for announcements or questions than one to use in a business space.

    You can and should use platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Tiktok for business as those already have established marketplaces that can be tapped into, I myself have bought items off of Instagram that was advertised to me, same as tiktok. That's not even to mention explicit business sites Like Linkedin. The plus side of this is that the site wasn't designed to sell you products so the person scrolling through isn't attempting to buy anything for the most part. But, due to the personalized nature of the apps from collecting your data, they are able to tailor certain advertisements towards you in a more personalized fashion.

    Today, I use the sites for my own personal life, but I do want to start growing an online business and brand, and I plan on using these sites to my advantage when I want to start. They are incredibly helpful and important tools in growing in an online space, and I plan on using these to one day hopefully grow my own Amazon or Facebook.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carlos, I agree with your idea that social media is beneficial for some community. Nowadays, social media is essential to start a business. I will utilize social media well when I wii start a new business.

    ReplyDelete

Week 17: Wrapping it up.

Overall in the last few months in this class, I have learned significantly more about social media, its impact on business, and the ways I c...